Cannon Memorial prides ourselves on striving for excellence in all that we do. That is why Cannon Memorial Hospital and its Medical Practices voluntarily participate in the accreditation process through Det Norske Veritas (DNV-GL). DNV-GL Healthcare was approved by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a deemed status accreditation program for hospitals in the fall of 2008, after working through a strict application process to meet CMS’ evaluation criteria. The only other alternative accreditation programs for hospitals are The Joint Commission and The American Osteopathic Association’s Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program, and CMS itself. DNV-GL’s accreditation program follows the National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations (NIAHO) standards which are based on the CMS Conditions of Participation and the ISO 9001 standard, the internationally recognized standard for quality management systems that is used to measure quality and accountability in dozens of industries. 2015 ISO Recertification News Release: 2015 ISO Certification
Cannon Memorial Hospital is a member of the following:
– The American Hospital Association (AHA) www.aha.org
– The South Carolina Hospital Association (SCHA) www.scha.org
Cannon Memorial is licensed by…
– The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
Cannon Memorial is approved by…
– The Department of Health and Human Services for participation in the Medicare Program
– The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services for participation in the Medicaid Program
Cannon Memorial Hospital’s Mammography, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Departments are all accredited by the American College of Radiology www.acr.org
Cannon Memorial Hospital’s Imaging Department follows all the American College of Radiology Imaging guidelines for MRI, Ultrasound, and X-ray for our reading Radiologists interpretation.
Our CT Department is also an Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center Accredited by the ACR,
meeting stringent equipment criteria to assure the ordering physicians and patients they will get quality “Low Dose” Lung Cancer Screening here at Cannon Memorial Hospital.
– American Academy of Sleep Medicine has certified Cannon’s Sleep Disorder Center.
– The College of American Pathologist (CAP) has certified our Laboratory