Our Foundation was formed in 1991 as a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization to seek financial support for Cannon Memorial Hospital. A board of directors composed of local, concerned citizens from within the community governs the Foundation and directs the fundraising efforts for the hospital.
Cannon Memorial Hospital operates without the benefit of any tax dollars on the local, state or national level. Charitable contributions are instrumental in improving the hospital and purchasing new equipment. Since its creation, the Foundation of Cannon Memorial Hospital has provided funding for projects such as:
- The construction of a new Emergency Department in 2001
- The purchase of land for a family practice in Liberty
- Remodeling of inpatient rooms in 2007
- Remodeling of nursing station in 2008
- Purchase of new sterilization equipment for surgery in 2009
- Purchase of a digital mammography machine and remodeling of the mammography area in 2010.
You can help with our new 2016 campaign for new equipment in our lab, radiology, and operating room to better serve our community by making a pledge today. To support this project, contact Cannon at 864-898-1252 to find out more.
Pledge to our Donors
We pledge careful stewardship of your funds, and a commitment and responsiveness to our community’s immediate and emerging health care needs through the quality of health care provided by Cannon Memorial Hospital.